Home » , , , , , » Naked Palette dupe from Inglot

Naked Palette dupe from Inglot

Hi Ya, 
If you've read my latest haul post you'd know by now how much trouble I went through to lay my hands on "The" Naked palette. I also know quite a few of my friends and fellow bloggers who would wanna get their hands on "it".
Unfortunately it is not easily available in India and a lot of other countries as well. (Hhmmph...are you listening Urban Decay/Sephora?)
Fortunately we now have Inglot at our hands. The first time I walked in this store I was pretty impressed by the sheer number of shades in each colour that they have. If you want a brown e/s I could see atleast 20+ shades of brown e/s which differ by finish, colour, tone and size. I was super amazed. And of course they have some of the prettiest nail polishes. I soo wanted to just sit there and swatch them all. (drroolll..have you seen their flakies!). I have also heard rave reviews of their eye shadows and blushes and concealors and ohh I could go on and on.
Anywho, I was still rejoicing my naked palette and I thought: Why cant I dupe the Naked Palette in Inglot?
So armed with my own palette I went to Inglot's store in Mumbai and requested if they would be kind enough to help me search the closest dupes and let me swatch and picture them. I explained to them what I was looking to do.
They agreed. Deepa- a make up artist at the store agreed to help me with my quest. Thank you Deepa!!
She enthusiastically set out by picking up the visibily closest pans from the freedom system. Once done, she agreed to swatch both the UD palette and the Inglot picks on my arm. We did encounter a few setbacks. Some shades that visibly seemed a match were not. We went back to the board and tried to figure out a few other options. 
Disclaimer:
Before you start looking: these opinions are my own. If you don't like them please don't respond negatively. I am by no means an acclaimed MUA to be 100% accurate on eye shadow shades. I am just doing this up enthusiastically to help out people who do not have access to UD's naked palette but would like to put together something similar. And oh..please don't copy the pics. Feel free to link this post. I really put in a good 2-3 hours to reach the store to swatch and another 4 hours to edit pics and write this out. 
Be considerate.

Without further ado:


The first four shades:

1) Virgin: Pale shimmery nude/ 395P: pretty close match. Slightly less pigmented. I would say 95% close.
2) Sin: Light pink with hint of peach, frosty/397P: warm peachy-beige. 95% close.
3) Naked: Matt beige-brown/390M: matt beige-brown..Slightly lighter than Naked. 85% close.

4) A had slight issue finding a good match for Sidecar: Shimmer beige bronze with slight pink undertone/ AMC S46: more beige less shimmer; 85% close/ DS 463: Had slightly more pink undertone but similar shimmer; 90% close/
Eventually Pure pigment 14: turned out a better match than other two; 95% close.


The second four shades

5) Buck: Chocolate brown matte/ 357M: Medium brown Matte. Pretty close. 98%
6) Half Baked: Gold with red undertone/ AMC S34: Gold with copper undertone. 98% close
7) Smog: Dark browny bronze with slight hint of gold at certain angles/409P: Browny bronze, cooler undertone, similar finish. 95% close
8) Darkhorse: Dark brown with bronze shimmer/422P: Dark brown/bronze pearl finish, slight red undertone. 90% close.

Last 4 shades:


9) Toasted: Pink-brown shimmery. This one gave me trouble too/ AMC S12: Looks visibly similar but swatches more beige than pink/ 399P: Swatches more pink with frosty look. Swatched 399P on AMC S12 and it comes really close. 95% I'd say. But if I had to pick one, I'd go for 399P.

10) Hustle: Brown with burgundy undertones/423P: Medium Brown with slightly more burgundy. 90% close.
11) Creep: Dull black with flecked silver and teal shimmer/AMC65: Dark black, more pigmented with flecks of silver and teal shimmer; 90% close
12) Gunmetal: Grey blue metallic flecks of teal shimmer/ AMC S47: grey blue metallic, lesser flecks of shimmer. 95% close

See more swatches. 
Same order of shades as per UD palette, starting from bottom to top


Economics: Price Vs Quantity:
The UD palette costs: $ 48 (approx Rs. 2500); each e/s 1.3gm*12= 15.6gms
Inglot refills: $ 5each (Price in India Rs 300; (current sale price Rs.240/-); each e/s 2.7gm*12= 32.4gm
Inglot 12 e/s: $ 60 ( Rs.2880/- in discounted price)
For approx $12 more (Rs.380), you'd get double the quantity of e/s with an 90% match of shades with good finish and quality. Downside no UD primer. (but if you had access to UD primer then you'd have bought UD palette also and wouldn't be reading this :P )





I hope you enjoyed this.

The views expressed are my own and I am not associated nor compensated by any brand whatsoever.
If you feel any other shades come closer than what I have found, please feel free to share in the comments and I will check them and edit accordingly. 
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Nail Art - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger