Home » , , , , , , , » Nail Ideas: Crouching Cheetah, Lurking Leopard

Nail Ideas: Crouching Cheetah, Lurking Leopard

Good morning ladies~

Today I've decided to show you my first attempt at animal prints!

The minute I laid my hands on Blaze's Lemon Zest to Mango Chile, I knew it was perfect for a leopard mani - yellow and orange!

I used a korean nail art pen for the spots. Since I couldn't find a bright silver polish, I had to settle for a gunmetal silver for the center of the spots. Finally I topped off the mani with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for that extra sparkle before sealing it with a topcoat. After all, this mani is meant to be worn out in the sun! :)





Here's a blurred picture to show the holo glitter:



Please excuse the bubbling. I should have been more patient to wait for the polish to dry! ><

Hmm... I really ought to use brighter colors for the colored spots in the future. It's hard to see it from afar.
And yes, that's the reason why I decided to call this "crouching cheetah, lurking leopard" (just like the movie - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)!
Apparently, the spotting pattern on leopards are more complex (says this article). So I suppose my mani is a cross between a cheetah and a leopard...

Cheetah (left) and Leopard (right)
So... what do you think of my first attempt? :)

Products used for this mani:
Blaze: Lemon Zest to Mango Chile
Rubi Shoes: Gunmetal*
Two-way korean nail art pen - dark blue / navy
China Glaze: Fairy Dust*

*Products marked with an asterisks are bought by me.
Both Blaze and the two-way korean nail art pens are available at Mei Mei's Signatures.

xoxo,
mich
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Nail Art - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger