Home » , , , » Sponging as effect & gradients - Artsy Wednesday

Sponging as effect & gradients - Artsy Wednesday

Sponging is a favorite topic of mine, so it's a nice challenge for this week's Artsy Wednesday!  
I use sponging a lot, and for all sorts of things, mostly to create a background for some nail art like in yesterdays post. It’s a pity that many only use it for gradients, because sponging really is a useful tool!
I use a makeup vedge/sponge, very fine pored, and I often only use a corner. When I’m finished I either rip it of when dry, or clip it, creating lots of new corners to work with – so one single sponge lasts forever and forever…
The first I’ll show you is a classic sponged gradient, I used neons. The base color is Sation Loudest Color, then I sponged the middle area with China Glaze Sun-kissed, then closer towards the tip I used Pirate Polish Radioactive and for the very tip I used a mix of Radioactive and China Glaze I’m With The Lifeguard to make it more lime. Top coat is Seche vite.

Here you have examples of background and effect sponging left to right, 01-05 - all top coated with Seche Vite - click on the photos if you want to see them in a larger size.
01. I created a mossy ground with Butter London Wallis over Essence Exits on your right, and then I painted my flowers.
02. Over Essence Via Airmail I sponged a diagonal belt of lighter blue with Barry M Cyan Blue and I sponged a border on each side of that with Sinful Hottie (glitter) before I painted my flowers.
03. On Essence Destination Sunshine I sponged a mess of other colors – and it looked terrible, I was like ARRRGHHH, but then I took my black striper, and it turned out to be quite OK.
04. On Essence Sending You Kisses I sponged a middle area with Barry M Neon Pink, it’s difficult to see because of the boring flowers I painted, but it was a quite subtle effect…
05. On China Glaze frostbite I sponged one half with Sinful Hottie creating a diagonal line, that I marked with a silver glitter striper.
Check out what the other girls in Artsy Wednesday did in this weeks challenge
Michelle - Lab Muffin,  Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish, Tif - Polished Genious, Lyndsey - Nails by Ms. Lizard, Melanie - Nail & Polish, Jessica - Beauty Gnome,  Emily - An Accent Nail 
NOT his week: Kamen - Kaka Beauty Blog, Catrine - Unnakednails,

Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Nail Art - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger