Home » , , , » Candy Roses

Candy Roses

Some days back I had seen a lovely rose tutorial mani from Nail Nerd, which was requested by another fav nail blogger of mine; I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous. So I decided to try it out myself as both their mani's looked so pretty. Here's my version of Candy roses.

I used colorbar's white as the base. It took me 3 coats to get it opaque and it still showed streaks.
Please excuse the untidy edges. I wasn't sure if I still wanted this as base


After it completely dried, I made a baby pink colour by mixing red and white acrylic paints to make irregular blobs.
With Flash
And added the detailing with dark red. I did try leaves, but they didn't turn out well. So I left them out, as I thought the design was looking really pretty like candy pieces. They did seem easy in the tutorial, but it took some time to get the petals right.
Up close the design looked a little messy to me, but if you kinda watch it at hand's length it doesn't seem messy.

Without Flash


I kept looking at my hand all day, as the roses really looked so pretty!
What do you feel about it? Or should I just stick to stamping?

♥ Till I see you next ♥
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Nail Art - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger